Pure Guided Reading (1 hr Weekly August 19- September 23)
$247.50 inc. GST
Learn about Guided Reading in its pure form:
- The research behind guided reading and how it fits into a gradual release of responsibility model.
- Assessments you can use to help inform grouping for guided reading.
- A structure for guided reading lessons and ideas with how to plan.
- Alternate small group instructional strategies (such as strategy groups), that can also help you meet the needs of your students.
18 in stock
Most of us, when first starting out, were thrown into the classroom with very little practical experience. (The sink or swim method as we call it!) If you landed in a school that uses a ‘workshop model,’ you may have found yourself searching frantically to find out anything you could about guided reading, so you could hit the ground running.
Over the years you may have cobbled together different bits of information, research and knowledge about running guided reading in the classroom but you may never have had explicit training in the what, why and how of Guided Reading in its pure form.
Are any of these true for you?:
- You’re wanting reassurance to know you’re ‘doing’ guided reading right.
- You’re looking for a clear way to structure and plan your guided reading lessons.
- You’re interested in knowing more about grouping your students based on need as well as the level.
- You’re wondering where independent reading and conferring fits into all this?
If so, then this Guided Reading PD is right for you!
In this online PD we will:
- Look at the research behind guided reading and how it fits into a gradual release of responsibility model.
- Highlight assessments you can use to help inform grouping for guided reading.
- Outline a structure for guided reading lessons and provide you with a plan you can take away and use immediately.
- Discuss alternate small group instructional strategies (such as strategy groups), that can also help you meet the needs of your students.
When: 5 X 1 hour PDs on Wednesday nights at 7pm between August 19- September 23. (19/8, 26/8, 2/9, 9/9, 16/9)
Where: Online using Zoom
Time: 9:00am-3:30pm (AEST)
Cost: $225+GST per person (with 5% being donated to the Indigenous Literacy Foundation)
(If you’d like an invoice so your school can pay, just send an invoice request to firstname.lastname@example.org)
You’ll get: 5 X 1 hour PDs, a supporting resources pack and a copy of the recordings.