- Sorry, this product cannot be purchased.
Pure Guided Reading
Learn about Guided Reading in its pure form:
- The research behind guided reading and how it fits into a gradual release of responsibility model.
- Assessments you can use to help inform grouping for guided reading.
- A structure for guided reading lessons and ideas with how to plan.
The self-paced nature of this course makes it perfect for individuals or teams of teachers.
PURE GUIDED READING
Most of us, when first starting out, were thrown into the classroom with very little practical experience. (The sink or swim method as we call it!) If you landed in a school that uses a ‘workshop model,’ you may have found yourself searching frantically to find out anything you could about guided reading, so you could hit the ground running.
Over the years you may have cobbled together different bits of information, research and knowledge about running guided reading in the classroom but you may never have had explicit training in the what, why and how of Guided Reading in its pure form.
Are any of these true for you?
- You’re wanting reassurance to know you’re ‘doing’ guided reading right.
- You’re looking for a clear way to structure and plan your guided reading lessons.
- You’re interested in knowing more about grouping your students based on need as well as the level.
- You’re wondering where independent reading and conferring fits into all this?
If so, then this Guided Reading Course is right for you!
In this online course, you’ll be guided through:
- Looking at the research behind guided reading and how it fits into a gradual release of responsibility model.
- Highlighting assessments you can use to help inform grouping for guided reading.
- Outlining a structure for guided reading lessons (including providing a plan you can take away and use immediately).
- Viewing guided reading lessons in action.
Note: This course has been designed to support individual teachers and/or groups of teachers (eg. a PLC group) to work through the lessons at a pace that’s best for you. You can devour all the lessons in one day or spread them out over a longer period. If you’re part of a PLC we recommend watching 1 module per week and then going away to trial your learning before coming back to reflect on it with your peers. Don’t let us boss you around though- it’s all self-paced, so you can move through it as fast or as slow as you want!
You will have access to all the resources and lessons for 6 months from the start date of the course.
- Module 1: Building the Foundation
- Session 2: Assessment
- Session 3: Text Selection / Lesson Structure
- Session 4: Before / During / After the lesson
- Session 5: Planning a Lesson
Modules will consist of:
- Recorded Presentations
- PDF Tasks
- PDF Resources (to be used in your classroom)
- Additional professional readings
- What: 5 Modules (each module has approximately 1 hour of lessons).
- Where: On the Oz Lit Teacher and Mardi Gorman course website (Kajabi) – you’ll get login details as soon as you purchase the course.
- When: This course is ready to start now! You will have access to the course contents for 6 months.
- Cost: $250+GST per person (with 5% being donated to the Indigenous Literacy Foundation) If you have more than 10 staff, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for a large school discount.
- If you’d like an invoice so your school can pay, just send an invoice request to email@example.com
T's & C's
Oz Lit Teacher ABN: 26 261 438 959 (“Oz Lit Teacher”) provides an online course platform to build the knowledge of primary school literacy teachers to effectively teach reading and writing to their students.
From time to time, Oz Lit Teacher will offer additional programs to which these terms and conditions apply unless otherwise stated.
These Terms and Conditions (the “Agreement”) is a legally binding contract between you (the “Program Participant”) and Oz Lit Teacher, and they apply to the purchase and delivery of your selected Program.
You are deemed to have accepted the terms in this Agreement upon payment of your selected Programs’ fees.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- This Agreement will begin upon payment of the advertised Programs fees.
Oz Lit Teacher currently offers the following programs to individual teachers and schools.
For large group pricing, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. :
Online Writing Courses
- Writing Traits Masterclass – 6 weeks $250+GST per person
This 6 x 60-minute masterclass covers the meaning of each writing trait is (beyond its basic definition), what each trait looks like in mentor texts and student writing and how to teach students about each trait.
- Teach Writing with Confidence – 4 weeks $180+GST person
This 4 x 60-minute class covers effective writing instruction, practical ways to increase student engagement and skill in writing and includes a program on how to choose and deliver effective mini-lessons in writing for students between years 2 to 6.
Online Reading Courses
- Effective Think Alouds – 2 hours $40+GST per person
This Program covers the What, Why and How of effective think alouds, how to plan for effective think alouds and how to make your own think-aloud recordings for online instructions.
- Pure Guided Reading – 5-hour video $250+GST person
This video program covers effective assessments, how to use assessments to inform grouping for guided reading and the structure for effective guided reading lessons.
- Lit Circles (Book Clubs mini-course) –5 hours mini-course $65+GST per person
This mini-course covers the history of book clubs and teaches how to implement effective book clubs with students.
- Strategy Group Course – 1 hour $65+GST per person
This 1-hour group course covers the structure of an effective strategy group lesson for teaching reading to students.
- Close Reading Mini-Course – 5 hours $65+GST per person
This 1.5-hour mini-course teaches Participants the structure of effective close reading lessons for teaching reading to their students.
- Program Content delivery and access
- All courses are delivered via a series of pre-recorded videos hosted on the Kajabi course platform accessed by all Participants.
- Each Participant may complete their selected Program at their own pace.
- Participants are encouraged to complete all modules and trial the learnings with their own students.
- Participants are given access to their course programs as follows:
- Online Writing Course Participants – 12 months access to the Program;
- Online Reading Course Participant – 6 months access to the Program.
Please Note: Courses above co-hosted by Mardi Gorman will only be accessible for 6 months.
- Coaching or 1:1 sessions are not included in the Program.
- Each Participant that completes their course will be provided with a certificate of participation stating the PD hours and AISTL standards addressed in the workshop.
- Fees and Payment
You understand and agree:
- Full payment of the advertised Program fee at the time of purchase is required before any program’s commencement.
- All fees are in Australian Dollars and include
- Payment is accepted online by PayPal or via invoice by prior arrangement (schools only).
- PayPal has separate terms and conditions that govern third-party payment processing. We are not responsible for applying third-party payment processor terms and conditions.
Discounts and special offers
- From time to time, the Program may be offered at time-limited discounted pricing.
- Oz Lit Teacher reserves the right to vary any fees at any time.
- Changes in fees will not affect you and will only apply to a new round of program delivery.
- Refund Policy
You understand and agree:
- Where substantive or complete Program or Course material is received immediately upon purchase, no refund is available.
- After a Program’s commencement, refund requests will be managed according to our obligations and your rights as consumers under Australian Consumer Law.
- Refund requests will be considered on a case by case basis and are not guaranteed.
- Your commitment includes but is not limited to:
- completing the entire Program
- completing, learning, and doing any required worksheets
- Oz Lit Teacher shall not be held responsible if there are any problems with the website or if the host or network should go down due to circumstances beyond our control. However, we will do our best to get the system back up as soon as possible when it is within our control.
- Oz Lit Teacher shall not be liable to you or any other party because of viruses or malware that may infect your or the other party’s electronic equipment.
- You agree that you:
- will not use any robot, spider or other devices, process or means to access the Programs;
- will not compromise or circumvent the security controls of the Programs or otherwise gain unauthorised access to the Programs; and
- will not attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Programs.
- You will be required to register your details to access the Program Dashboard’s program content.
- Upon registration, you will be issued a unique password.
- A new password may be requested at email@example.com.
- Your login details will be shared with you to the email address provided at registration.
- It is your responsibility to ensure the details you provide are correct and current.
- You are solely responsible for the protection and confidentiality of any password that you may have issued to or subscribed for from time to time.
- You will not share your password with any other person.
- You will immediately notify us if your password is lost or becomes known to any other person.
- You are solely responsible for accessing and using this Site via your password, whether such access or use is by you or any other person.
- The personal information you provide to the Program will be managed according to our Privacy Statement at https://www.ozlitteacher.com.au/privacy-policy/
- Intellectual Property and Copyright
- Narissa Leung is the creator of the Programs owned by Oz Lit Teacher.
- All material, including but not limited to videos, call recordings, resource downloads, and templates available in the Program and within any program created by Narissa Leung, are the property of Oz Lit Teacher and their affiliates or licensors. Accordingly, they are protected by copyright, trademark, and other intellectual property laws.
- As a Program Participant, you are bound, at all times, to ensure that you do not breach our intellectual property rights at any time for any reason.
- You may not use any of the materials available in the Program or any teaching platform or in a manner that infringes on our rights or has not been expressly authorised by us.
- All material, including but not limited to videos, call recordings, resource downloads, and templates available in the Program and within any program created by Narissa Leung and owned by Oz Lit Teacher, is provided solely for your personal and non-commercial use.
Use by licence only
- Use of materials for any other commercial purpose is prohibited without the express written permission of Oz Lit Teacher or Narissa Leung.
- You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit, translate, sell, create derivative works, exploit, or distribute in any manner or medium (including by email or other electronic means) any material from the Program or related programs without the express permission of Narissa Leung or Oz Lit Teacher. You may request such permission by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Licence conditions for Schools
- Schools are required to purchase one course/program per teacher. Where multiple teachers require the same Program, each teacher requires their own paid enrollment.
- Purchasing one Program and sharing content and videos with larger groups is prohibited and a breach of this Agreement.
- For large group discounts for teacher groups within Schools, please contact admin@ozlitteacher. com.au.
You understand and agree:
- The goal of the Oz Lit Teacher Courses is to support primary school literacy teachers to build and effectively teach reading and writing to students.
- Our Programs cannot make any guarantees about your ability to get results or improvements with your skills or otherwise with the Programs, tools, ideas, information, or strategies provided.
- Results are dependent on various factors, including but not limited to your commitment, personal ability, and dedication, and is in no way dependent on any information or strategy provided to you by Oz Lit Teacher.
- You have purchased the Program at your own risk.
- All content, resources and coaching are provided for personal use and information only.
- Oz Lit Teacher does not offer any representations, warranties, or guarantees, verbally or in writing, regarding your results from the Programs.
- Oz Lit Teacher does not make any guarantees about your ability to get results or earn any money from advice, ideas, information, or strategies provided in any Program.
- Accordingly, there is no guarantee that you will earn any money as a result of the purchase of any Program.
- Nothing in the disclaimer above will limit or exclude any liability that may not be limited or excluded by applicable law.
- Limitation of Liability
You understand and agree:
- Liability for the services provided by Oz Lit Teacher is governed solely by Australian Consumer Law and these Terms and Conditions.
- Nothing in these Terms removes your Statutory Rights as a consumer under Australian Consumer Law and any other relevant legislation.
- To the extent that Oz Lit Teacher is unable to exclude liability, total liability for loss or damage you suffer or incur from services by Oz Lit Teacher is limited to re-supplying the Services to you, or, at our option, refund to you the amount you have paid for the Services to which your claim relates.
- Dispute Resolution
You understand and agree:
- You will contact Oz Lit Teacher immediately with any concerns for quick and effective resolution through friendly consultation.
- In the event of a dispute, you agree to the following Dispute Resolution Procedure:
- You must advise Oz Lit Teacher in writing of the nature of the dispute, the outcome you seek and what actions you believe will settle the dispute.
- In good faith, you agree to meet with a key representative of Oz Lit Teacher in person or via Zoom or Skype to seek to resolve the dispute by Agreement and compromise.
- Suppose an agreement cannot be reached to resolve the dispute. In that case, any party may refer the dispute for mediation to The Law Society of Victoria.
- Both parties must attend the mediation in good faith to seek to resolve the dispute.
- Litigation via the court process may only be considered after a genuine attempt at mediation bought by either party is unsuccessful.
- Confidentiality is paramount to both parties personal and professional reputations and standing in their business and community.
- At no time will any communications or discussions be made public, including but not limited to any social media platforms or websites of either party.
- Any public discussion or comments about either party will be considered defamatory, harmful or otherwise damaging. They will be the subject of compensation in any mediation or litigation claim.
- Governing Law
You understand and agree:
- The Terms and Conditions of this Agreement are governed and construed under the laws of Victoria.
- Each party irrevocably and unconditionally submits to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Victoria.
Thank you for reading this Agreement. By proceeding with your payment, you accept the Program Terms and Conditions contained in this Agreement.