Teach Writing With Confidence (Online PD- September)
30 in stock
This online PD will cover:
- What research says about effective writing instruction.
- The difference between assigning writing and actually teaching it.
- Practical ways to increase student engagement and skill in writing.
- Choosing and delivering effective minilessons in writing for students in years 2-6.
As with all Oz Lit PDs, you will leave the day with lots of practical strategies to trial in your classroom the very next day.
- When: Tuesday September 29, 2020
- Where: Online using Zoom
- Time: 9:00am-3:00pm (Melbourne Time)
- Cost:$150+GST per person (with 5% being donated to the Indigenous Literacy Foundation)
- (If you’d like an invoice so your school can pay, just send an invoice request to firstname.lastname@example.org)
You’ll get: a full day online PD, a copy of the PowerPoint slides and a supporting resources pack.
What previous participants have said about this PD:
It was such an engaging and interactive experience. I learnt so much about teaching writing and feel a lot more confident going into the next term of teaching.-Laura
As a graduate teacher, this PD really connected some dots for me in my professional practice. I often find myself identifying which areas of my teaching that I would like to improve, but you provided the learning I needed to know how I can do that. You explain things in such a clear, accessible way. The sense of humour you bring keeps the learning fun and engaging. Thank you so much Narissa!-Tessa
It was refreshing to learn about the essential ingredients to teaching writing. You have such a great approach to PD and I always love attending your PDs (and Bastow). It was engaging, interesting and inspiring. You were real- having us not do everything at once. We need more people in leadership like you!!!-Zoe