Most of us are readers but we aren’t writers, this means we often feel less confident when teaching writing than we do when teaching reading.
Is this true for you?:
- Your writing lessons fall off your timetable because you aren’t quite sure how best to teach it.
- You’re interested in learning about ways to teach writing that go beyond formulaic writing structures.
- You want to add more authenticity, creativity and passion to your writing lessons but you’re not sure how.
If so, this full day writing PD day is just for you!
In this recorded PD we’ll look at:
- The 6 key qualities of effective writing instruction.
- What research says about effective writing instruction.
- Practical ways to increase student engagement and skill in writing.
- Choosing and delivering effective minilessons in writing for students in years 2-6
As with all Oz Lit PDs, you’ll walk away from it with lots of practical strategies to trial in your classroom straight away.
- What: Access to the full day recording (with chapter markers), a copy of the PowerPoint slides and a participation certificate.
- When: This is recorded and available NOW! (You will have access to the videos and resources until December 31, 2021)
- Where: Once you purchase this PD you’ll get a downloadable PDF with information on how to access the recording.
- Time: This PD is approximately 5 hours in length (All up, it’s a whole day PD)
- Cost: $180+GST per person (with 5% being donated to the Indigenous Literacy Foundation)
- If you’d like an invoice so your school can pay, just send an invoice request to email@example.com
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for information on whole-school access to this PD.
What previous participants had to say about this PD:
It was such an engaging and interactive experience. I learnt so much about teaching writing and feel a lot more confident going into the next term of teaching.
As a graduate teacher, this PD really connected some dots for me in my professional practice. I often find myself identifying which areas of my teaching that I would like to improve, but you provided the learning I needed to know how I can do that. You explain things in such a clear, accessible way. The sense of humour you bring keeps the learning fun and engaging. Thank you so much Narissa!
It was refreshing to learn about the essential ingredients to teaching writing. You have such a great approach to PD and I always love attending your PDs (and Bastow). It was engaging, interesting and inspiring. You were real- having us not do everything at once. We need more people in leadership like you!!!
To register your interest to attend a live (via Zoom) version of this course, please let us know on the contact page.