Download a Free Mentor Text List
- Over 100 quality picture story books
- Fiction and non-fiction
- Organised by year level and genre
- Includes teaching suggestions for reading (comprehension strategies) and writing (6+1 traits).
Who is Riss Leung
Hey there! I'm a literacy consultant in Australia and I love all things reading and writing. I'm passionate about helping to make sure every child gets access to the highest quality literacy instruction because I believe that literacy opens doors.READ MORE
What is Dyslexia? A Guide For Educators
Read this post to learn what dyslexia is, who gets it, and how you can spot it in your students.
I also supply suggestions for assessments and accommodations.READ MORE
Should You Use Decodable Texts?
- Are all decodable texts useful?
- Will they automatically improve reading?
- Which 'side' are you on?
- Are 'sides' even helpful?
5 Tips For Overcoming "I Don't Know What To Write About"
What do you do when you hear the words that every writing teacher dreads?
Read this blog to learn some practical tips for overcoming this common problem in writing classrooms.READ MORE